We are looking for a motivated System Engineer
In this versatile and challenging position you work for the complete certification of Lagerwey’s Wind Turbines (WTs) and Wind Parks (WPs) according to Grid Code requirements defined by TNOs/DNOs for targeted markets. You build simulation models and perform Power Studies and official measurements (simulations and real world). You participate in the design and dimensioning of electrical equipment of WTs and WPs relevant to their connection to the Grid. You provide technical support to the Project Realisation and Sales departments as well as to customers. You produce certification/documentation/sales reports.
Tasks & responsiblities
- Studying and understanding various Grid Codes requirements (Low Voltage Ride Through, voltage control, frequency control etc.)
- Translating Grid Code requirements into WT and WP system software and hardware requirements
- Designing products/modules to fulfil the WT and WP system requirements
- Working together with our Software Engineers to write, debug and deploy the aforementioned products/modules
- Working together with our Hardware Engineers to define the corresponding hardware requirements of the aforementioned products/modules
- Building simulation models to assess the response of Lagerwey WTs and WPs to Grid faults and other events (e.g. short-circuit, over-voltage, voltage or frequency control etc.) using various software suites
- Performing Grid Studies for internal or external use (Load flow calculations, power factor correction, losses calculations)
- Working together with independent, accredited Measurement and Certification Parties to perform official measurements (simulations or real-world) and help in the results assessment process in the context of Grid Compliance
- Providing conceptual thinking and participating in the design and dimensioning process of electrical equipment of Lagerwey WTs and WPs relevant to their Grid connection (converter, MV switchgear, power transformer, cabling, wind park controller etc.)
- Providing technical support to the Project Realisation and Sales departments and to customers in the field of Grid connection and Grid compliance.
- Writing documentation, certification and Sales reports
- Investigating the positioning of Lagerwey in terms of Intellectual Property and patents in the field of Grid connection and Grid compliance.
- Master in Electrical Power Engineering (specialization in Wind Power is appreciated)
- Good understanding of Power Systems, Power Electronics, and Electrical Machines
- Comfortable with performing both office and field work
- Experienced in using power systems simulation software such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, PSCAD, MATLAB Simulink
- Good command of English and preferably Dutch language (spoken and written)
- Resonates with the following characteristics: constructive insight, strong analytical ability, overview and attention to detail, strong team player, independent and involved, eager to learn and grow
- An environment where you can count on teamwork and support from experienced colleagues
- The opportunity to work in a growing company with a strongly innovative mind-set on industry-leading, highly technical and exciting projects
- A competitive salary with appropriate secondary employment conditions
- A career with a long-term perspective in a family-like environment and within a sector which values sustainability and the fight against Climate Change
If you are interested, we would like to invite you to click the 'Apply' button below. A personality survey is part of the procedure. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can also contact Gerben Eskes, Recruiter, by telephone on 0342 - 751 935.
Acquisitie wordt niet op prijs gesteld!